Wednesday, February 18, 2009

STUDIO CORNERS AND INTERESTING SHELVES


Acrylic on Canvas     48x36

Sometimes when it's too expensive to hire a model yet I want to paint from life, the studio is a perfect place to find inspiration. In addition to finding great verticals and horizontals for composition, every square inch is full of possibility: interesting supplies, hanging/stacked paintings, various artist accessories, musical instruments and even some stuffed birds from my early days as an exhibits designer/muralist/taxidermist at our Natural History Museum. These are some examples (all painted from life 1-4 weeks).

Acrylic /Palette Knife   24x18

STUDIO SHELVES

Acrylic on Canvas     40x30


Acrylic on Canvas    36x24

4 comments:

Marilyn Webberley said...

What fun - and what a great space! I love your light patterns falling across the floor and up the wall - the paintings, too.

Sandy Maudlin said...

Last year my sister-in-law took your class at kanuga and said you were a wonderful teacher. I can see by your blog, especially the 'thumb' lesson, that you have a teacher's heart for sure. So glad i found your blog to enjoy.

principe de ray ban descute said...

Congratulations on very nice painting and I use just once and the Tigre escopião and thanks for visitae and we will always exchange ideas I do not speak English more use a program that leads to God is a very light hug

Mike said...

Dooooode !! OMG !! I have been sooo la about keeping up with your blog! Now I need to set aside some time to really go through all the stuff you have posted. I sure wish we lived closer! These recent posts really reveal the spirit of the artist within . . ."it doesn't matter what I paint, as long as I am painting!" . . .right? :-))